Have you used a shampoo visor for your toddler?

Did it work well?
What brand?

kaycee14

Asked by kaycee14 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nope i've seen those thing's but I think there a waste of money.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• For some kids, it probably is a waste. But my daughter fights getting her hair washed. She hates having the soapy water run down her face and ends up spluttering and choking. I already am using a shampoo cup but she still fights.
    Anyone actually use a visor for a shampoo hater? Did it help?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Can you have her lean back so water doesn't touch her face? If you use primarily your hand to rinse the front of her hair, it may work. It does take forever, though. I had a couple kids that were the same, but not bad enough to try the visor. Good luck, sorry I don't have a better answer!
    Anonymous

• I just use one of those cups from walmart. They have the soft side so it conforms to their head and soap doesn't get in my daughters eyes. It was around $4 but worth it! She even does it herslef :)
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 10:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Yep, I have one of those cups too. She hates it. She won't lean back either. The visors aren't expensive so maybe I'll give them a try.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I had the same problem with my daughter. She hated the cup. I got her some washcloths with characters on it and showed her how to hold it against her forehead folded up. Now she actually gets excited about washing her hair. You could try that. Good luck!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• LOL I must be the meanest mom on earth, but I just pour the water right over her face. I am a swim instructor, and I personally feel that it's best for my daughter that she tries to get used to water on her face at an early age. She's never had a problem with it, she just sputters her lips after wards. (not coughing or sputtering, but blowing out through her mouth.)
    jrwmommy

Answer by jrwmommy at 6:17 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• LOL! I do the same thing. My toddler LOVES to take showers and baths, but won't let me get her hair wet. She fights and screams. I just hold her under the shower anyway. I just wish I had a removable shower wand installed where the bath faucet is. That would make it so much easier!

**(LOL I must be the meanest mom on earth, but I just pour the water right over her face. I am a swim instructor, and I personally feel that it's best for my daughter that she tries to get used to water on her face at an early age. She's never had a problem with it, she just sputters her lips after wards. (not coughing or sputtering, but blowing out through her mouth.) **
    mims154

Answer by mims154 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2008