What do people use for stretch marks?

I want to get rid of mine is there anything I can use to do so?

sdierker

Asked by sdierker at 9:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I USE PALMERS COCONUT LOTION.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing you can do to get RID of them, but they will fade in color and intensity with time. Using a good firming lotion can help speed that up. Stretch marks, unfortunately NEVER go away.
    jenmay44me

Answer by jenmay44me at 9:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• This may sound really weird. I've been using olive oil. Here's why...I'm hispanic and in my cluture it's believed when you have pain in your stomach like from bloated or just unconfortable you rub olive oil on your stomach for a little (little rub) and it soothes the pain. Meanwhile I've heard that olive oil works for stretch marks too. I'm carrying a pretty good sized bump right now and no mark so far. I use the olive oil like every two or three days cuz it's weird. I've also heard that if you have stretch marks to help them fade use vitamin E capusles, just bust one open and rub on. I hear its sticky. never tried it.
    norma_lee

Answer by norma_lee at 9:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• The BEST thing in the world to use is Mothers Friend. You can buy it online. No one that I know that has used it has gotten any stretch marks. I swear by it. It kind of stinks, but VERY well worth it. My little sister just found out she is pregnant and has already started using it. If you don't believe me, look at the comments other moms have made about it.
    meriahmn

Answer by meriahmn at 9:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• The only thing that will technically get rid of them is to not gain or lose a lot of weight in your lifetime and Dermabrasion, chemical peels, or laser surgery. Creams are only going to make your skin soft and supple. but will not get rid of them, unfortunately. A good dermatologist will tell you the same. Drink plenty of water. Adequate hydration keeps your skin soft and less likely to develop stretch marks. Caffeine can increase your risk of stretch marks. If you're stuck on your caffeinated coffee or tea, make sure you balance the fluids. Drink just as much—or more—water as you drink coffee, tea, or soda. Stretch marks can also result from nutritional deficiency. Be sure to consume foods that promote skin health: foods rich in zinc, such as nuts or fish; foods high in vitamins A and C such as carrots and citrus fruits and milk; protein-rich foods, such as eggs.
    Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2008