Have your children ever turned your house into a disaster zone? What were they doing/playing/pooping?

Today is Friday, the 13th.

To celebrate and ward off evil spirits, the CafeMom Answers Team will be randomly posting 7 real-life “horror” questions throughout the day. Answer all 7 questions and you’ll receive the one-day-only Friday, the 13th Award.

Cafe Meghan

Asked by Cafe Meghan at 11:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well i don't have any kids yet but this made me think of how I got one of my long-term babysitting gigs- because my brother got SOOO FIRED! He was watching this lady's kids (she had 3) and he let them color all over their bodies with washable markers- even the bottoms of their feet (I guess he figured, its washable what's the big deal?) but they ran all over the house (she had white carpet too!) and left footprints EVERYWHERE!!! She nearly fainted when she got home and saw that! hahahaha
    We still tease my brother about that!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:39 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Everyday. Toys are usually spread from their room all the way to the livingroom, thru the dining room and kitchen! they are 2 and 1:)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• They have as children once painting my wall with poo poo! and now as adults, big humongous parties!!!!

Answer by older at 11:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My almost 3 year old enjoys dumping all 200 blocks out so he can use the box they came in as a hat....enough said. LOL
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Haha, I have a two year old, its a daily occurrence. I end up cleaning while he naps (IF he naps, here lately he's been refusing), and again once he goes to sleep...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• All the time. I can clean all day long and when my son gets home from school it will look like a tornado came through.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:39 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Everyday and every night. It's great when i put them to bed and close the door and walk in the next morning and wonder what happened to the tornado that appeared sometime during the night.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• He and the little boy i was babysitting decided every toy in the house needed to be out on the floor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:41 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Actually it was a rainy day and they needed to occupy their time. However, to beat the boredom blues, they had their race car set built which was across the entire floor, lots of dishes from their snacks, clothes, snack wrappers from candy bars, and other games they had decided to play before the race track was still sitting out and not put away.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Only EVERYDAY do they turn it into a disaster zone! lol Sometimes the disaster is greater than other times. Sadly..the biggest mess maker is my oldest. Even the toddlers can't compare to the messes this boy can make! If I don't stop him in time, he will have every toy from his room in th emain part of the house, scattered, army men tied and hanging from doorknobs and light fixtures,homemade little ramps that he builds out of anythign he finds all over the house for him to jump over or for his army trucks to ride over,Wii games and cords scattered...I could go on and on.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:44 AM on Aug. 13, 2010