4 weeks postpartum

I had my daughter 4 weeks ago. It was a normal vaginal delivery. I had a vaginal tear with 2 or 3 stitches. At around 2 weeks postpartum my bleeding was minimal and i felt good enough to have sex with my husband. Now the blood has turned bright red but before it was dark brown. Is this normal??

kyliesmommy0908

Asked by kyliesmommy0908 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Health

• Slow down with the sex thing, feeling okay enough doesnt mean your body is healed. Take it easy girl!
    jenmay44me

Answer by jenmay44me at 9:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Well.. Not if you had sex.. you aren't to have sex, use tampons or duche For six weeks.... brown blood is old blood and Red is fresh
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Honey every hospital tell's you to wait 6 week's after giving birth to have sex. Maybe b/c your so sensitive is the cause for the bleeding but call your ob just to make sure.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• you prob tore your stitches. the doctor said no for a reason listen to him
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I had sex 2 weeks after my 1st and 2nd babies were born. My blood also changed to a brighter red. I held off for about a week then it completely stopped. It's probably just becuase you weren't completely healed yet. You can always call your doctor if you are concerned. The hospital told me I could resume sex when I felt like i was ready and it didn't hurt.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 9:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Same here as frapanda. Not everyone is the same and not eveeryone has to wait the full 6 wks. You do need to b careful and have gentle sex, but resuming ur sex life is entirely up to you and if it doesn't hurt u then go for it.
    Anonymous

• I guess I'm just worried. This is my first baby and I have no idea what to expect postpartum.
    kyliesmommy0908

Answer by kyliesmommy0908 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• slow down on sex - and if it doesnt go away you will be able to talk/show to the doc at your 6 week check up - besides didnt he say to not have sex or even go shopping for 6 weeks postpartum?!
    thats what i was told cause your stitches need time to heal...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 10:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2008