Anyone had a baby who crawled late? My son is almost 8 months and shows no signs of crawling or walking, and still doesn't sit up on his own..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my nephew never crawled. and didnt walk until he was about 1 and 1/2  all the kids are diferent dont worry as long as he is up to date with everythign else he should be ok. if you are concer then you can talk to hsi doctor and see what they tell you. do you leave him on the floor for a long tim during the day? what i would do is just put a matt on the floor and would sit my son in there with toys while i did the chores and cook and stuff i woudl sett there and play with him and so everytime the toys would be far from him it would incourage him to find a way to try to reach them

Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• the sitting up is the only one I would talk to doc about hon.and even at that dont panic....some skip crawling, some walk late/early....they are all different and there isnt a set rule. but again the sitting up, is he trying, is he overweight, is he a "lazy" butt? lol lots of factors before ya worry. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• 8 months is not considered late for crawling. The average age is 9 months but the range of normal is like 5 to 18 months (or something huge like that), and some kids never crawl and thats fine too. And as for walking at 8 months, no..lol..Thats not even close to late. Infact thats waaay early. The average walking age is 13 months but the range of normal is huge like crawling. (like 9 tol 18 months or something like that), so not walking and not crawling at 8 months is totally normal. Now the sitting, if he doesnt sit by 9 months i would deff be talking to the pedi about it. My friends daughter couldnt sit at 7 months and they told her that was fine but they wanted her sitting by 9. Just be sure to provide lots of floor time for him and ample opportunities to develop his muscles to sit :) And like i always say, if you are really concerned speak to your pedi :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:53 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• you can ask your ped. about it
    is he on the chunky side? i've read that can slow down things like crawling and sitting up and walking
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yep. My son didn't crawl until the day he turned 9 months. I thought it would never happen, lol. However, once he did it just once, he was off! He went from not crawling at all one day to crawling EVERYWHERE the next day. He was pulling himself up within 2 days of crawling. Don't worry, every kid is different, and crawling isn't really a developmental milestone. I think that my son was content where he was until 9 months. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• there is a little seat u can buy at walmart that helps stregthen the back muscels that u could try out
    BrittBrat0113

Answer by BrittBrat0113 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i think my son started crawling around 8 months, and then started walking around 11 months.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I think my grand-nephew was pretty late, maybe almost a year? I'm not exactly sure it took him that long, it's what I heard through my MIL. But he's 1 now and he's been walking a couple of weeks now, yay!

My son started around 7 months I think, but he didn't walk until he was 14 months.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My eldest didn't crawl at all. She went from sitting and rolling over to walking but it wasn't until she was 15months.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• crawling is not a developmental milestone, and many babies never crawl!!

Answer by rkoloms at 12:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010