Hoping more moms online who had kids back to back.

I will be carrying a surrogate pregnancy, but thinking Id like to get pregnant with my own as soon as I give birth. I know some doctors recommend waiting 18m between pregnancies while others say if you had a normal pregnancy there is no risk to getting pregnant so soon.

For the moms who had kids really close together did you have pre term labor or other problems.. let me know thanks.

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i did have pre term labor with #2, who was conceived when # 1 was 10 months old. i am convinced that the pre term labor was a result of poorly managed emotional stress.
    i do think it is better for your body to wait, and recover first.
    and kudos to you for the surrogate pregnancy! that is really sweet!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I agree with the last mom, I think you should give your body a few months of healing time. Especially if you have a c-section. I also give you kuddos for being a surrogate mother!!
    BillieJean0401

Answer by BillieJean0401 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Im looking @ more so getting pregnant when the Surrogate baby is 2-3m old.
    pinkcicle709

Comment by pinkcicle709 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My 1st and 2nd are 14 months exactly apart. My 2nd was 6 days early. My 2nd and 3rd will be 12 months apart and I am 37 weeks preggers so I am close to being considered full term.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:55 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My kids will be 13 months apart. I didn't have any problems with either pregnancies. And both weren't pre term. Ds was born 4 days early, and my dd's due date is in 4 days.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My Son and Daughter are thirteen months apart. My youngest and the baby number 3 (4 months pregnant on Monday) will be fifteen months apart. I have no no complications, no early labor, no pre-eclampsia, no Gestational Diabetes, or anything of that nature with any of my pregnancies. They have been heatlhy babies, healthy pregnancies, and really great kids thus far!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Both my daughters had children very close like the baby turned 1 a week before having the baby. My other daughter had her 2nd baby a week before her son turned 1. As far as I know they went full term.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2010