Anyone else like this?

I'm 19, I got pregnant at 16, I dropped out (and regret it everyday). Most the people I hung out with in school weren't really great people, but I don't talk to any of them now. Me & my husband weren't very "popular" in school anyway lol. But now, we don't hang out with anyone, besides my cousin & his wife, who are the same age as us, and have a little boy too. But they never have their kid, and party ALL the time. We don't drink, or smoke or anything. We go to church, and take care of our son on our own. (We still get to go out on weekends sometimes) But I stay home alone with my son from the time we wake up, til 4pm, then my hubby comes home, and goes to bed til dinners done. So all day the only person I really talk to is my son. which i love hime to death, but he's only 2 lol. I just feel really lonely, and it seems like were the only young parents here that arent drug addicts, or something. I dont know what I can do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• First, congratulations on being a good mom, & taking care of your child....and on not being a partier!! My parents were 17 when I was born. My mom finished school before I was born, but my dad had to drop out to support us.

My advice would be to 1st of all, go to school at night, or online & finish your high school diploma or get your GED for your own self-esteem. My dad finished high school when I started elementary school. He wanted me to see that education was important to him.

Then, either take a class at the community college or adult education center, or join a group like the M.O.M.'s Club. I think it doesn't matter how old you are, it can be lonely being a SAHM, & the M.O.M.'s Club saved me when my boys were little. I'm still friends with many of the women I met back then. (They're online) They have playgroups & other mom activities.

Being young parents can be isolating, but you can change it. Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• that isnt healthy for you. u need 2 get out and have lunch with poeple your own age every once inna while. mayb u should consider talkin 2 some1 ur age in ur youth group. or also another way 2 get out there u could take ur ged classes and go 2 a community college it would b great 4 u
    BrittBrat0113

Answer by BrittBrat0113 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i totally understand you,the same happened with me,except i felt so lonely i got prego again ha ha,but yea seems like we dont have friends anymore,you know i realized that your fam makes up for those friends that u lost,maybe you can hang out with plp from church..?
    lovely163

Answer by lovely163 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• and just so u kno i didnt c the other persons answer b4 i wrote mine lol
    BrittBrat0113

Answer by BrittBrat0113 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• congrats to you for focusing on your family and not running the streets. i dont think there is anything wrong with what you are doing, at the end of the day family is all that matters. try to find people who share the same interest as you.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• There are many ways to accomplish what you are looking for like good conversation on things that interest you as well as being there for your child. First you need to decide what your interests are. Once you've done that you can begin to explore ways to make that happen. Even the colleges have summer classes for all ages. However, they are almost over. Parks are great for talking to other parents who are allowing their children some time to expend their energy and get some fresh air. There are places that are indoor gyms for babies and toddlers. However, I don't think they are free like a local park would be and I'm sure there would be plenty of mothers to chat with in an environment like that.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I dropped out of school too, though I didn't get pregnant or really have any reason to, and I regret it everyday as well. It's a choice that I definately try to stray young people from knowing that it lead me nowhere. I don't want other people to have to experience that, because everyone should have a path to go on. I do very much applaud you for living a clean lifestyle and taking care of your family. That is very admirable! I too am a SAHM. My husband comes home at 6:00, but he goes straight to his computer. Needless to say my only outside intraction is the rare times my family comes up or we go out to visit his family. Other then that it's through the internet. Which I have good friends on here, but it's not the same as a person sitting beside you.

I would suggest you looking into getting your GED and taking college classes. There are MANY grants and scholarships that you could apply for. It would benefit you greatly!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• (Continue) Not only would it benefit your career, but it would allow you a chance to interact with your peers. People your age who may even be going through the same thing being a young parent. You might find new friends to hang out with, even find new places to visit. I think it would benefit you greatly. There are also programs, if you qualify, that help pay for daycare while your husband works and you go to school. That way it wouldn't be a burdon to have to find a way to pay for daycare and go to school.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• How about joining a play group? Or going out for a walk at the park. keep on doing the right thing. Maybe at church they have a play group. Meeting other people in the same situation as you is good. Regardless of their age. I am friends with people of all different ages that are in the same stage as me. Good luck honey and don't let age be the boundary between you and friends.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i feel ya! im lonely as well. just me an my son when the husband goes to work.. i to felt like one of the only young non partier druggie people =/ good to know there is someone else feeling the same way!

maybe try finding a play group or play date person to hang out with? i notice most mommies who take care of their children by themselves for most of the day go to the park :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 11:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010