ok what has society done to parents??

so I was in Wal-mart. and my Kid(5 boy) askes me Loudly why my baby has to get milk out of my booby.. People are staring at my like i was the worst mother in the world. I ignored them and explained to him why and so and so and he understood. done!. NOT so i go to the restroom to breast feed and when i walk out of teh stall a woman is standing there and she startes to tell me that i am molesting my sons mind by tell him about breast that i was a bad mom and that she was going to report me to CPS. WHAT IN THE HELL is that about. since when are we not aloowed to teach our children about natural thing s in life? i don't iungerstand what is going on. it like i can't even breast feed my children (keep in mind my baby is olny 6 mo old) I keep a very open relationship with my kids even though they are young they still need to know that we have certain body parts for certain things.. am i right or what???

Cajuntexan03

Asked by Cajuntexan03 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are totally right. Not sure what that woman's problem was. I got the same look when my own five year old knew what tampons were in the store. I also explained to Kyra why a woman was breastfeeding and got an evil look for telling her from another lady. Some women just view it as dirty (not sure why) and don't think that kids need to know anything.
    Sorry you had to go through that with that bitch, just remember though, people like that are the minority.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• That's what you get for going to Walmart ;-P. No, really, don't judge everyone by the loonies who always seem to be there. Walmart is a loony-attractor.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• People are just ignorant. For whatever reason sheltering children from the facts of life and nature (including the proper functions of the human body) is the norm now... I don't understand it myself, but in this case I would have laughed in her face and offered to write down my name so she knew who she was calling CPS about...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• oooh, I would LOVE for someone to say something like that to me. They'd get an earful they'd never forget and they would think twice before ever sticking their nose where it didn't belong.

You are perfectly fine mama. More mothers need to teach their children about breastfeeding so that we can change society's view of breastfeeding.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• What a nutcase! People need to mind their own business! I can't STAND people like that. In my opinion, people like that need a slap in the face, lol! And what was she going to say when she called CPS? "Some lady in Walmart told her son about breast feeding"?. I mean, give me a break. I would have said "Here's my cell phone, go for it. Call them.".
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You did the right thing, some people do not know when to mind their own business.

Answer by older at 11:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Your right and cps will most likely tell that noisy woman the same thing. Your doing a great job, dont let them take away whats best for your children!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Honestly. The only thing I see that you did wrong, Was going to the bathroom stall to nurse. I would have nursed in the middle of the store and dared someone to comment. And she would have known that BOOBS ARE FOR NURSING BABIES and that my son needs to see that and just because her kid sees boobs as sex toys only, then he is more warped than you can claim to be. LOL

I would have had her in tears...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You're right,that lady was a nutjob!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'm not a big fan of "nurse wherever you want, whenever you want" but that lady was NUTS! I've explained to my older boys (5 & 3) that that's how little babies eat. They've been around nursing moms forever.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 12:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2010