Denver Residents/Frequent Visitors- What are the best places to eat?/ Most entertaining places to visit? We are heading out on vacation there monday...

WildatHeart918

Asked by WildatHeart918 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Travel

• Take me with you!

I'd have to ask my BIL, he and his wife live there. However, you'll probably have this question answered and closed by the time I got an answer, he's out on a job in Wyoming, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We lived in Wyoming for 6 years, and would visit Denver somewhat regularly. I will admit however, that we went to the places that reminded of us home....Los Angeles. So we went to Rubio's Fish Tacos....we love them, and there is one in Denver, and Benihana's. We also made a stop at See's Chocolates for my favorite chocolate in the world, and Whole Foods Market for the things I couldn't get in Wyoming. Then there is an amazing bookstore there, I can't think of the name, I'll come back and tell you if I can find it, it was really neat. We were always just happy to have shopping and food, so it didn't take much to please us!! Have a great safe trip.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Ohwrite, you are thinking of the Tattered Cover bookstore. it is amazing, though now on Colfax Ave across from East High School. There is also another downtown near the Wynkoop Brewery (which is a good place for beer and food.)

It really depends on what you like to eat and do. There is the Denver Art Museum (closed Mon.), the zoo, botanic gardens, walk around downtown, Elitch's Amusement Park.

For food, we love Ethiopian - try either Arada on Santa Fe or The Ethiopian (Colfax & Detroit.) I have heard that Casa Bonita in Lakewood is great at least for the cliff divers. Tommy's is great for Thai.

You are welcome to PM me with more specific questions.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Casa Bonita is a fun restaurant to go to. It's on Colfax. The food is so-so, but the atmosphere and entertainment are excellent. The zoo is awesome and Elitch's is fun. Head down to Colorado Springs and there is a lot more to do (in my opinion).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Thanks balagan imma...you're right, that's the bookstore I was trying to think of, and the funny thing is I was told to go there by a friend of mine who lives in Dubai, is from Australia, and has never even been to the U.S.!!!! She had heard about it, is a book lover, and sent me there!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:24 PM on Aug. 15, 2010