Is it offensive to you if someone calls a public figure a "dumb b**ch" ?

Instead of say, an idiot or moron or whatever? Does inserting the word "b**ch" make it sexist and therefore more offensive? Or does it not bother you at all if that specific word is used? Curious...

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 12:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are so many descriptive words in the English language. Why do people always feel the need to use words such as this? I think it makes one appear very mundane and not very original. I think most people now days need to learn to increase their vocabulary.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Doesn't bother me a single bit!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It's not really sexist, there are some really big male bitches too. :-) It's no different to me than calling someone any other names. Either way, it's rude to call someone any names like that. But I don't find it offensive.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• No, it doesn't bother me.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• nope

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Bitch isn't a sexist word. And no it doesn't make it more offensive. Any word degrading someone's intelligence, personality, or otherwise is offensive to the person it's refering to. Adding a curse word to the subject doesn't make it any more offensive. It only emphisizes the initial offense.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Depends on who it is doing the name calling and who is called the name.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• If it's a public figure, I think it's disrespectful. You know now that I think about it, it's disrespectful no matter who it is. There are other ways to say the same thing that is more mature and respectful. As for sexiest, IDK, I wouldn't think so.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It does not bother me at all imo if the b word is used it tells me that the person using it imo is not bright at all.. I have never seen a " Woman" in my life to give birth to a female canine...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It does not bother me at all imo if the b word is used it tells me that the person using it imo is not bright at all.. I "

Well, you'd be wrong. Many intelligent people use the word "bitch".
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010