How do I try to lose weight while I am breastfeeding??

I am wanting to lose approx. 50-60 lbs. but I am breastfeeding and kinda afraid of dieting right now. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or feel the same way??

rileynkyleigh

Asked by rileynkyleigh at 9:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• breastfeeding should take care of a bit of that; just try to eat balanced and healthy, make the most of the amount you eat, make it veggies or milk, things that are good but wont interfere with baby's tummy.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• yes breastfeeding will do most of the work especially the longer you do it. You dont have to just change your diet either, depending on where you live it is getting cooler now and would be a nice time of year to take a stroll around the neighborhood. I do light exercises, but my son is almost 15 mo. simple things like squats while holding my son or sit ups while he sits on my stomach. he thinks its fun, its something we can do together and i get exercise.
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I agree with the other posters on the whole breastfeeding takes care of a bit of it cause I breast fed my son and I went back to my normal weight within a month. You just need to take your vitamins and make sure to eat healthy and take walks around the neighborhood with baby and you should lose the weight within no time!!

good luck

Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 10:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• That will happen naturally with time.
    tootsieyeatts

Answer by tootsieyeatts at 11:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• weight watchers has a great breastfeeding program you should check it out
    foxymama21

Answer by foxymama21 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2008