do you & your SO have alot of friends? did you have alot of friends at your wedding?

friends of ours are getting married this month, & they just had a bachelor/bachelorette party. they had alot of friends there, & are having alot to the wedding too.. and it got me to thinking about how many friends we have. i have plenty of associates. people ill talk to here & there on facebook, or talk to at the bar if we get a night out, but when it comes to friends, we dont have many at all. i was thinking, if we got married, we'd be lucky if we had 4 or 5 friends there. seems like since were young (23 & 25, 21 when i got pregnant), most of our used to be friends are still out partying all the time, & dont have kids so we have grown apart, & it seems hard to build a good friendship now that were older, & have our own family and lives and no real time to build a friendship. not really sure what to do or how to feel about this...

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 12:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• not really...when we were first dating, my SO had lots (he knows everyone around here) but it seems like as soon as i got pregnant with my second (his first) everyone stopped calling or was never interested. the same thing happened to me before whn i had my first when i was 16. now that i have cancer they've really all disappeared. i have 2 or 3 fairly close friends, but no one (other than my SO) that i cant talk to about anything and rely on 100%. infact, my SO and i had a joint bday paety last year. we rented a cabin, made jello shots, hooch, etc, grilled steaks....and only 7 people came. i dont suspect many more would show for our wedding if we ever have one.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 12:06 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes, we have a ton of friends. But our wedding was more of an intimate setting. We invited our families and close friends. Only about 50-60 guests. :) It was in my parents backyard and absolutely perfect for us!

Billie Jean, Owner of Mommy's Night Out group
    Do you need a mommy's night out? Well, it's always a mommy's night out here! We would love for you to come check us out!!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/111493/
    BillieJean0401

Answer by BillieJean0401 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My husband and I don't have alot of friends either but the ones we do have are good friends that I trust with my kids. I would love more good friends but I don't want just any friends I want to have more good friends. It makes me sad sometimes like when Id like to go out to lunch or the park. But when I need someone I like that my friends are always there no matter what.which makes me happy.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 12:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes, we have a handful of friends we have known for over 40 or 50 years.

Answer by older at 12:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Tried and true friends.. A few. Friends we have been with for decades.

Acquaintences and associates, more than I care to have.. LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We don't really have a lot of friends. We had roughly 50 people at our wedding. That was made up of family and co-workers that we considered friends.
    As far as actual real friends...I have 2 good ones. He has 2 good ones plus co-workers. That's about it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• No. I have one best friend that isn't related to me and a few online friends (even ones I know in real life, but only talk to online), but outside of that I have no friends at all. My husband has a few friends he grew up with, but none of them he hangs out with. He just talks to them here and there. Mostly we hang out with our families. At our wedding it was all family.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• No me & dh have a small group of friends.. I personally only have 2 friends ... And Dh has a small group of friends as well..
    When we got married it was a last minute thing ( a week to plan) there was a church. a wedding gown. and a small reception after but we only had Family & my bff... Id say around 20 people came.. We didnt have time to send out formal invites and most people we called to let them know could not make it..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We use to have a lot of feiends, but we moved fr 1 state to another and lost some. We had a DD die, and believe it or not you loose friend then too. They're afraid to be around you, makes them think of their own mortality, or the loss of their child. Group Sessions taught me that so I've learned to live w/ it. The friends I do have are true friends and we love them dearly.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Had a small wedding was pregnant and 17, Mother wouldn't let me invite anyone but family. I was afraid to even smile.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2010