Have you maintained a friendship with a girlfriend after she has moved

to another state too far to visit? My GF moved to S.C and we e/mail all the time. I have only gotten to S.C once to see her, but I plan on going down again. She has a dog rescue she runs, so it's hard for her to get away, plus she has 3 of her own. I miss her so we write daily. How about you?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes my best friend moved 3 hrs away about 5 years ago and that was even before either of us had kids. Now there is 3 kids between us I am the god mother to hers and she to mine. It has been really hard to see eachother but we talk and text all the time. I would not have been able to get through alot with out her and even though she is not right next door we make it work. real friendships always last.
    jdpsmom08

Answer by jdpsmom08 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes,my BFF moved to FL,I'm in WI. We talk on the phone 1-4 times a month and email each other. I've never visited,I'm not that rich!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I moved 1200 miles away from my bff from high school 15 years ago. The internet and occassional visits kept our friendship strong all these years. 6 years ago I moved near her, and we couldn't be happier.

We're both very busy with our very different lives, but I can always turn to her for support and good humor.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have always been really bad at keeping in touch. But when my bestfreind moved 16 hours away, I made an effort to stay in touch. We both did, she is like me and doesn't stay in touch either. So before she left we decided that we were going to stay in touch no matter what.
    We call each other several times a week. Her husband's family is here and so they come visit a couple of times a year. We are planning a trip to Portland to see them next spring.
    It is hard to make sure we call, but totally worth it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I had my best friend move to New Mexico for a few years. We talked regularly, like once every few weeks.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i moved to FL from NY for two years and me and my best friends stayed best friends. i went home to NY often to visit them and my family and one of my best friends came out to visit me, plus we stayed in touch over the internet and talked on the phone often.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes.  My BFF and I grew up down the street from each other in Montreal.  I moved to England and then she moved to Alberta.  Several years later I moved to Ontario and then a few years later she did too.  Now we only live a couple of hours drive from each other.  We have maintained our friendship for 32 years and several thousand miles lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have two great girl friends. 1 got remarried and we connected with her and her new husband in Virginia Beach then they moved to Palm Springs We still talk over the phone
    My 2nd friend her husband retired from the Navy and resided in AZ. We keep in touch by facebook.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 12:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• my BFF moved to Virginia a few years ago and sadly we don't keep as 'in touch' as i'd like. i try and e-mail her every once in awhile just to make sure everything is good but its hard :( FB has been nice to keep up with alot of old friends though :) I am really sad that she had kids after she left though and that we can't be closer to where our kids could grow up playing together :(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 1:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes, the three of us have moved around alot over the past several years. It was really nice for the last 3 years we all lived in the same area and got together about 1-2 times a week. Now one has moved away, but we talk to each other 2-3 times a week and I'm making plans to go and visit her early next year.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 1:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010