whats a heart beat for a boy

my babies heart rate is in the 160s people say its a girl is that true

libby427

Asked by libby427 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you really can't go by the heart beat. Cause if the baby is sleeping it will be lower....then when it is sleeping.
    rileynkyleigh

Answer by rileynkyleigh at 9:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I'm having a boy and his heartbeat is at 150 per minute.
    norma_lee

Answer by norma_lee at 9:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• i have always heard boys have slower heart beats with my 2 girl it was always around 165 and my sister has boys and they were in the 130's but i dnt know how accurate it is cuz all babies are different
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My babies heartrate was 160 last week and im having a girl
    Anonymous

• Both my sil that just had there babies one had girl and one had boy. I told them what they were having by the heart beat and the same was true for my dd. But i don't think it always works. I would say by the heart bit its a girl but the baby might have been really active right before so the heart beat could have been up. Or its just a high heart beat for a boy. When do you go in to have an ultra sound do???
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 9:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My son has regularly been 155 - 160 I don't think the heartbeat method is reliable. Heck, even sonograms can be wrong. I know I wanted to know right away and I was so anxious to know what names to look for -- good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• im having a boy and his heart beat is always between 160-180
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I'm having a boy, and on the one U/S it said 146bpm, but every apt now it just has a "+" sign, because they don't put the #'s on it. It's just a good HB.
    StephNFoot

Answer by StephNFoot at 10:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I just had a little boy this year and when I was pregnant his heart beat was always 160's. Although every baby is different no matter boy or girl....
    philipsmommy125

Answer by philipsmommy125 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My baby's heartbeat has always been in the 160's, I hope its a girl. I don't even remember my son's 4 years is a long time to remember those numbers!!
    ConnersMom1204

Answer by ConnersMom1204 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2008