Is this normal?

Ok, I'm almost 41 weeks pregnant and lately whenever I go for a walk or sometimes even just standing up, I get these incredible shooting pains straight down "there" It hurts so bad! Last night I was just sitting here on the sofa watching a movie and I would get these light contractions and then once in awhile the "PAINS" Takes my breath right away. Feels like someone is stabbing me up "there". Anyways, Just was'nt sure whats causing this...I'm sure its some sort of pressure from the baby adjusting but I never felt this way with my first daughter.

chelebele05

Asked by chelebele05 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Perfectly normal. Your baby and your uterus are preparing for the big moment!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Sounds like round ligament pain. Your body is doing some major stretching to prepare for birth. A warm bath and stretching may help some.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Ya the doctor mentioned something about ligaments but i didn't quite understand.
    chelebele05

Comment by chelebele05 (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2010