To vaccinate or not to vaccinate?

Would you rather believe the petty research you read on the internet about it or actually ask a professional and look at the statistics?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 12:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in

• I have my son vaccinated. I couldn't live with myself if he were to contract something and I could have prevented it with a simple shot.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• That professional has done no research on vaccines. He listens to the makes that bring in goodies for using their stuff. He learned to diagnose ailments, not, research vaccines in a lab.

Having said that. My child will get some, but, on a delayed schedule.

And you can do more than "petty research on the internet".

You should try it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I always ask a professional and look at the statistics..Our Doctor is on speed dail lol
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would rather (and do) vaccinate even against my boyfriends family freaking out over it. I would rather know my bbay is safer against anything we can possibly prevent than lose the kids because I was stupid and didn't protect them when I could have.

To me the vaccinate vs. non-vaccinate debate is like asking me "Your child is on fire... do you put him out or let it burn?"
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Most of my "petty research" comes from professionals. I've read numerous books by MD's and numerous studies.

I'll believe real research over biased research backed by pharmaceutical companies any day.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i'm still undecided but think i will do the relaxed schedule for vaccines
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would rather believe the FACTS, doctors, professionals and the actual statistics over propaganda and fear tactics... Which is why my children are vaccine free!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My kids have their required vaccines.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i would not blindly follow any one source. i always consider the source too! i will not vaccinate my children. if they want vaccines when they are adults, then they are free to do so! i just do not believe it is in their best health interests now or in the long run.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

Than it's not petty. =) Petty is when you get info from people who are not professionals.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

Next question in
Dora or Kai lan?

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
What is this?