hi

cant get rid of head lice maybe treating to much any ideals cant stand the bugs

bunco

Asked by bunco at 9:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• the place most people forget is the car. All fabric surfaces need to be treated with the fabric treatment. Couches blankets carpets EVERYTHING cloth needs to be treated. Stuffed animals need to be bagged up and left that way for 2 weeks. If there are pets its very likely they need to be treated too. Start blow drying the back of everyones neck after showers. My mom has been doing childcare for 25 years has seen many lice epidemics and by using this trick never got it. Don't know why it works. Just does. Good luck
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• VO5 shampoo works.
    Anonymous

• Talk to your doctor. More and more lice aren't affected by the shampos you can buy at the store.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Get a natural rememdy from a natural health food store. It works, we've used it.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• my doctor told us to cover the kids hair in vaseline .. and put a shower cap on them overnight.. and it worked.. but that stuff is HARD to get out.. You have to let it dry and chip it out with a comb.
    Also heard mayo overnight with a shower cap.. that's easier to get out.. and leaves hair shiny too!

Put anything you can in the dryer on HOT.. then bag it up for 24 hours.
    Use the bedding spray on EVERYTHING fabric.
    Bug-Bomb the heck out of the house..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• We have horrible outbreaks at the school almost every year..
    I called our doc to find out if we could prevent getting them.. The nurse told us to use a cheap hairspray on the kids hair every day before school.. for some reason the lice don't care for the hairspray and won't stay on them.
    My oldest is 12 and we haven't had it since we started doing that when he was in Kindergarten.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• to treat it drench their hair in mayo and leave it on overnight, to prevent it from coming back spray their hair every morning with tea tree oil. Do half oil half water in a spray bottle.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• go buy teatree oil and put a few drops in a bottle of shampoo. and use weekly works great. oh and the flea shampoo for cats is the EXACT same thing as the lice shampoo and is a lot cheaper.
    and bleach water in a water bottle works great on the carpets and furniture ( just put like a tablespoon of bleach in a spray bottle and fill with water). my huspands cousins have lice bad and this is what my mother in law does and so far my kids haven't gotten anything!
    sherri79

Answer by sherri79 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• SHAVE THE HAIR OFF THAT WORKS..I told my kids not to use other peoples brushs combs or hair things.

Answer by louise2 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My daughter has naturally curly hair, and is growing out for Locks of love. It is insane when she gets it, and we have tried many many things. My regimen....treat with lice shampoos, THEN douse her hair with Olive Oil, wrap plastic around her head for the night. Fine tooth comb it the next am. It suffocates whatever made it through the shampoo, and slics down the hair for the fine tooth comb. REPEAT after a week no matter what! Also, fabric suggestions...not only do they not like hot, they cant live in freezing. I bag everything up and leave it outside if it is winter. Obviously, wash and dry on super hot afterward. Hairspray trick works, lice dont like dirty hair.
    chicklet

Answer by chicklet at 10:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2008