I know this may not be good for me, or my baby but please someone help....

ok so this one i have to ask anon.....
i have been told by my doctors i am clinically obese... i am now 7 months pregnant.... weighed 190 when they told me that 2 weeks ago. i started out at 185 i didnt think i was doing that bad seeing that i just had my daughter 1 year ago didnt lose the weight from her yet and by this time last pregnancy had gained 25 pounds!
my dr told me i should not gain anymore weight or they are going to start monitering what i eat and put me on a strict diet and make me come in twice a week.... seriously guys... i have only gained like 5 pounds in 6 months, andi eat like a bug....
so i have been on a diet.... now, staying within 1200 calories a day well 1200 to 1500.
it consists of oatmeal for breakfast, fruit veggies for a snack, a granola (fiber one) for lunch, another fruit for a snack and a lean cuisine for dinner.....
i drink lots of water and am active throughout the day.....
well cont.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I weighed over 300 lbs when I got pregnant and had my baby in March. She is happy and healthy. If you eat the diabetic diet stuff, you will lose weight. I did anyways.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 12:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I followed a healthy diabetic diet (as I wind up with Gestation diabetes when I am pregnant) and I have always lost weight when I was pregnant.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• you weigh close to what I weighed when I got pregnant with my last baby, my doctor said I could gain between 15 and 25 pounds, you are 7 months pregnant and have only gain 5 pounds, seriously you are doing great. I would think about seeing another doctor if I were you. Your doctor might be thinking you are on the road for gestational diabetes but to harp on you about gaining 5 pounds, wow. Try not to worry so much and continue to eat healthy. Good luck
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I was 170 & 4mo along when I found out I was pregnant.. I delivered at 230lbs 1wk early with preeclampsia.. I had to be induced
    I really wish my dr. would have cared for me better & gave me better advice at the time.. he really didnt say much at all about my weight or giving me advice about what could happen if i kept gaining..
    My dd is almost 4yo & Im at 218!! Since having her the lowest I was was 6mo after having her -- i was 205lbs..
    :-(
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. Perhaps after you have the baby, you should concentrate on losing the weight, but for a doctor to tell you to stop gaining weight while pregnant...that's ridiculous. I would find another doctor and quickly.

Unless the concern is a health problem with the baby. Do you have gestational diabetes? How is your activity level? Can you take slow walks around the neighborhood to get some exercise during the day (I know it's hard when you are 7 months pregnant, believe me I know!). But perhaps if you did, the doctor would relax and let you enjoy your pregnancy a bit more?

I don't know if any of this helps, but if you are having doubts about the doctor you are seeing, either call them up and question them about their decision for you, or find another doctor that will be able to help you. Good luck!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I gained about 50 pounds with my first and 35 with my second. I was just over 200 pounds when I had my first. My dr NEVER said anything to me about my weight. If I were you I would find another dr who is more understanding.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Your doctor's an ASS. You've gained 5 pounds in 7 months of pregnancy. Which means if you started out "clinically obese" you're doing FANTASTIC, even if you've gained 8 pounds since the last time you saw the doctor. . The biggest concern when starting out "obese" with pregnancies is developing gestational diabetes, preclampsia(due to high blood pressure) or delivering pre-term.If you've only gained 13 pounds total so far starting out "obese" you're doing a FANTASTIC JOB and need to tell your doctor to piss off.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Id say just eat right for the remainder of your pregnancy.Take care of yourself and that baby. Your dr sounds pushy to me. After you deliver your baby, focus on losing the weight but now is not the time to stress about it.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i read both of your questions now and i would switch!!! i weighed 200 when i got pregnant and i gained 25 lbs in 33 weeks. my midwives said that i really should try to eat as healthy as possible and try not to gain too much. please look for other providers! midwives usually are better. *hugs* momma.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• and make sure you are eating enough... you need lots of protein!!!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 13, 2010