I know this may not be good for me, or my baby but please someone help.... CONT......

cont......

well i weighed myself today and it was +8 pounds.... i am scared to death of what my dr is going to do.... can someone give me some advice please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe you should find a new Dr...one that doesn't harp on you. My Dr never said a word to me.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 12:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't understand the question. You've gained 8 lbs? Since when? How pregnant are you?
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I agree find a new dr. I was 200 lbs when i was pregnant with my dd, she came out perfect.
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 12:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Also realize that your scale at home might be off from what the doctor's office one will be. I know in a week at the end of my pregnant, I gained 4 lbs. But I still only gained 30 lbs throughout the entire pregnancy and that was right in the normal range for me, so my doctors were very happy and didn't even blink at the sudden weight gain. Remember, you are retaining a lot of fluids and if you weight yourself at different times of the day, it will fluctuate.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Don't stress about it! How much weight you gain depends on SO much - how far along you are, what was your beginning weight, how long did it take you to gain that weight, are there other health issues? 8 pounds isn't a ton! Even in one week. Maybe in your situation it is a little more than you need, but next week you may only gain 2! Every day is so different.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• if you gained 8 lbs in a day, you should definitely talk to your doctor about that. if it's been over a period of weeks, don't worry!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would use a new doctor, too. Or a midwife!
    My midwives were helpful, educational, supportive... they seemed to feel that weight doesn't matter, if mom & baby are healthy and fine.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Your weight can fluctuate anywhere from 3-5 pounds in a given day and that's when you AREN'T pregnant. While pregnant you're retaining a lot of extra water. Try to weigh yourself once a week instead of once a day and if you feel you have to weigh yourself everyday make sure it's at the same time as the day before. Don't stress over it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I posted this in the first one, your Dr's an ASS. If you started your pregnancy as "clinically obese", only gained 5 pounds in the first 7 months and 8 pounds since the last time you visited the doctor you're doing FANTASTIC! That's only 13 pounds. The whole pregnancy and the last couple months is when you gain the most weight the fastest. You're already doing a fabulous job and your doctor can piss off.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i had to switch my midwife cause every visit she was tellin me how fat i was and she told to cut back on eatin...lol...i finally changed midwife...i lost weight in the 1st trimester cause i couldnt hold anything down so when i could eat i ate...lol...gl...and switch dr...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010