how many outfits does a student in 5th and 6th grade need for school?

i don't want to over spend if i don't need to. What stores has the best bargain ??? my oldest will not wear jeans or sweaters in winter. she like elastic pants.

diamondsarecool

Asked by diamondsarecool at 12:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in

• five

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• they only need as many outifts as u want them 2 have....they may say they need more but chances r they r just wantin 2 fit in
    BrittBrat0113

Answer by BrittBrat0113 at 12:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• honestly, mixing and matching - at most 7 shirts and 7 bottoms. That lets you do laundry once a week for her (or her wash her own clothes once a week)
    but I'm also including old clothes that still fit.
    If she hasn't outgrown anything, I'd only buy 1 new outfit.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have boys but I make sure they have at least 5 different outfits so they never wear the same thing in one week. Now, that does not mean I buy 5 new outfits to start school. We usually get 2 outfits, a pack of socks, unders, and new shoes. Then in September, we get a new shirt and a hoodie, in October a new shirt and 2 pairs pants. November, new shoes, December and January are free months because of Christmas clothes. Feb is usually socks and undies or as needed clothes, March is new shoes and as needed clothes, April is shorts and a new shirt, May is shorts and shirt, June is new shoes, July is a free no clothes month or as needed, August we're back to school shopping again LOL

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would say 5 long sleeve tops 5 short sleeve tops 5 long pants 5 shorts (or skirts for a girl) make sure you get a lot that can mix and match. You might want to check out some consigment shops you can get next to new clothes for a good price. Then just buy her 1 new outfit for the first day.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• She only needs as many outfits as you can afford.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• What my mom used to do when I was in school, my son is only 3, was give me a set dollar amount right before school started saying I needed at least 2 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, and some warmer clothes, grew up in Wisconsin warm clothes a must. What ever I could get with that amount was my back to school wardrobe and over the school year we would gradually pick up new pieces to add in that way I always had something new to wear and back to school shopping didn't break the bank.

If you can catch sales I can normally save half at JcPenney for me and my son, Walmart has some decent clothing, check out Old Navy normally pants and skirts are around $10 a piece and tops are normally a little less, you can also check out Craiglist and Ebay depending on her age and you can get a steal on clothes there.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I make sure they have at least 6 complete outfits. We shop at the discount stores--Wal Mart, Target, etc.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• this is weird lol ..
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• My oldest is starting 5th grade and we aren't buying her any new clothes. She can wear what she has. We only buy clothes when they outgrow or wear out the clothes they have.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2010