What charities does your company support?

We are a big international company, so we support quite a few. The biggest of course is United Way (I'm on the committee for that--my first year) and a LOT of focus is put into it.

For the bigger charities, we also have March of Dimes, MS Bike Ride, Susan Komen Race For the Cure, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Relay For Life, JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes, Socks For Soldiers, Ronald McDonald House, SPCA/Animal Rescue, Hali Project, Veteran's Hospitality House.

Local to my area (I think--they might be national too):

A Time to Share (donations of clothing, household items for the elderly), Panhandle Down Syndrom Guild, Skycamp, America's Promise, America Supports You - Texas, High Plains Epilepsy Association, High Plains Food Bank/Meals on Wheels, ADVO (I'm not sure what this is), AMBUCS.

There are a few that I wish they would add, like Autism Speaks for instance.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Ronald McDonald House & The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• United Way
    The Pepsi Refresh project that is going on this year

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• United Way and Habitat for Humanity---building and painting,repairing homes,etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• RMH and SPCA
    jdpsmom08

Answer by jdpsmom08 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I've only worked with a few companies - generally I'm self employed and I have my own list of charities I donate to... But the restuarnt I worked with donated to Children's Hospital and United Way every year... With Macy's I honestly don't know... I know they had a few local ones, but beyond that I never heard of any.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Mine is Big on March of Dimes ( we are a health care network). My husband works for a big, well known US Co- they support so many organizations: City of Hope, Children's Network, MD, St Jude's to name a few.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'm going to make a suggestion to them to add this one to their list next year: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society because my friend's son died from it last December. But they want us to come up with fund raising ideas too, so I'll have to think of something.

They've helped out with Habitat For Humanity too. I don't know if there's normally been a committee for it, or if it's something done on the side.

Contact the foundation for a packet. not sure what company you work for but we have several fundraiser we do.. one is a dress down day ( employees donate a $2.00 to dress down) you can visit there website too you may get some ideas there too.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 1:35 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Juice Plus supports St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2010