would you sue these people?

I have to ask this question based on another members recent post. A dog attacked her and her baby as she walked him in a stroller. She saved the baby and took the blow to her own body. She has some graphic pics with bad bruises and puntures in her butt. I would sue what do you guys think?

cattiesmom78

Asked by cattiesmom78 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pets

• If she was in their yard, even just one foot was in the yard, she can' do anything about it. But if she was walking on the sidewalk, street and the dog came up to them then she has every right to sue.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oh my YES! Imagine what could have happened if she hadn't stepped in the way! Shudder!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would not go all-out-sue-happy. But, I would expect my medical bills to be paid. If I had to go to court, it would be small claims for medical bills, etc. NOt a full-blown-give-me-millions-in-punitive-damages lawsuit.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would demand that the dog be put down. But....sue? No---thee are too many people wanting to sue nowdays. That is lame.
    But any pet that attacks shoud be put down.They could get the county to assist.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• HELL YES I WOULD SUE!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Well I'm don't believe in MOST law suits, but in this instance I would make sure the owner got a ticket and the dog would be put down. If she has medical insurance then maybe a lawsuit just to cover any deductibles but that's it. But again it's a sue happy world and I think it's mosty crap
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I agree with gertie about putting the dog down but I would still sue why should she pay for her medical bills? The dog owner should be the one to do that since they can't control their dog.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Absolutely, unless they were on private property. But if they were just walking by and a dog was loose and she was attacked along with her baby, there wouldn't even be the slightest hesitation. I would go to the hospital, report it there, have them document and take pictures of the bite marks, and then take the hospital bill to a lawyer or the police, at the very least, to get the owner of the aggressive dog to pay my hospital bill and for any "emotional scarring" it gave me. I'm not one for running to the lawyer when something bad happens, but in this case, it's justified. I mean, how would we be reacting if the dog had gotten to the baby instead of mom who put her body on the line to protect her baby? Dogs like that have no business being loose.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 1:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• no I didn't mean sue for millions that I should have clarified. I mean medical yes and any couseling she may need because of it and the dog get a ticket. The cops were called and some animal thing too and NOTHING WAS DONE NOT EVEN A TICKET- that is bull crap. yes, they were on the side walk!
    cattiesmom78

Comment by cattiesmom78 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• The medical costs can't be much for bruises. I wouldn't sue. She has insurance, right? So you're talking about a co-pay. I would demand the dog be kept locked up though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010