have you ever made a clothing list?

What I mean is when your kid is in school (particularly the 1st few weeks or months) made little notes to yourself on what they wore and when to avoid them re-wearing the same outfit too soon?

Please, please tell me you've done this too so I don't have to go check myself into the local loony bin

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in

• This is why I love uniforns. If they only have to wear white and blue, then I don't have to worry about what to wear.
    xpandyourmind

Answer by xpandyourmind at 12:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Ummm, sorry. Can't say that I've ever done that. My kids were old enough to dress themselves when they started school. Made their own decisions and did just fine.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I kind of do something similar too... I've never written it down though. That is actually a good idea. So if you're going to the loony bin, take me with you!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I only do this for myself, but not with a list. I also don't have DD1 wear the same dress to church two weeks in a row. She's 2.

DH actually wears the same shirt each Monday, same each Tuesday, etc.... and does not wear a uniform. It drives me crazy but the system works for him.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 2:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Lol, I try to do it in my head... but I try to "cycle" the closet. I either wait all week to wash laundry so they don't re-wear things in the same week and then try to put the cleanest clothes in the back of the closet so I will grab a new outfit come the next week.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Um, no...I only make sure they don't wear the same thing 2 days in a row if I wash it that night - unless they're having some "special" thing at school and are supposed to wear the same thing 2 days in a row (sounds weird, but it happens at least twice a year). They're old enough to pick out their own clothes (I okay everything before they walk out the door) and I really don't care, nor does anyone else, if they wear the same thing "too soon".
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have nevver done that. My son has lots of shirts but has a favorite few. My daughter is good at mixing and matching. I leave it up to them.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 3:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• sorry - never
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:50 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• nope why do u need to?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:47 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• No I haven't lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2010