How many are willing to die for what they believe?

I ask this because recently I found out that one of the young women that was excuted in Afghanastan a week ago was actually my daughters babysitter as a teen. How many are willing to go where they feel they are called to go knowing that there is a good chance you will be killed? She was one of the sweetest and most soft spoken young ladies I ever knew and the world is poorer for losing her. So I ask everyone regardless of belief are you willing to die for your God? For those of you who don't believe are you willing to die without a word believing that you just cease to exist?

baconbits

Asked by baconbits at 1:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I am willing to die for my god, individual beliefs, and my family/friends. I would be the one willing to be killed fighting for the rights of other. I would dies for my neighbor and even a stranger. If I have the ability to save some one or make a stand for my beliefs I will do that no matter what the cost. For this reason dh is terrified when the kids go to school and I start protesting again. Shoot I almost got my ass kicked stopping a guy three times my size from hitting his wife. Of course when you stand up to dicks like that it usually shocks them and they back down.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I am willing to die for my children and husband. Thats it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't have a need to. My beliefs don't require me to openly believe them or stand up for them or anything. Denying my beliefs in order to save my or another life is in no way an insult to my Gods or beliefs in any way... No one can read my mind or know what's in my heart and I have years of experience hiding who I am... So, no, I don't have any reason to die for my beliefs. I feel it's just heartbreaking that anyone would ever be faced with that choice... As a wife and mother, denying my beliefs in public in order to not deny my family a love one is a no brainer!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• No thanks. I love our country and our way of life but I am not the one to die for it. I guess you could say I am a coward.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Willing to die just for my religious views, NO. Die fighting for what I believe in, yes.
    That is to say Am I willing to die just because I'm an atheist and dont' believe in God, No
    Am I willing to die fighting for believing in Equality for all or against unjust practices, etc HELL YES.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Im willing to die for my family if need be....
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would lay down my life for my family only.

Answer by older at 1:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I've thought about this often as I study the history of my religion. Faced with the mass torture and slaughter as Christians swept through and forced my ancestors to convert or die, would I have stood my ground and died or would I have lied and faked the motions of their religion to ensure the survival of myself and my children? I think, as noble as the actions of those who stood and died as they watched their children's skulls crushed beneath boot heels were, I would rather have been remembered as one of the many who lied. That action in itself was a blatant attack on their "loving religion" that seems almost poetic, and to have been one of the thousands who embedded our own faith within theirs, where it would be carried on in their own traditions until they forgot the true origins, that is a legacy to be proud of. Martyrdom, not so much.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• not me!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• If I didn't have kids, yes. But my kids come before my beliefs.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010