Style question: If you are short and overweight...

What do you wear that makes you look really good and what do you stay away from? Wanting to update my wardrobe and I need some serious help! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• tough! i always feel like short hair makes me look even fatter :)
    everything is hard!
    i find tunic dresses work well for me.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wear jeans and tank tops that either have vertical lines (up and down) or plain colors. Horozontal lines will make you look stockier. Pants with veritcal lines are good too like pin striping or material wise.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Jeans with a straight leg make you look taller. Black boots with a heel will add to the look. I like tops without a lot of embellishments, because you don't want to draw attention to the belly area if you are overweight there. Maybe use accessories like a necklace or funky earrings to bring attention up toward the face and away from the body. With the cooler weather just around the corner, you can't go wrong with a slightly loose and comfy sweater. I love wearing darker colored pants, I think they make me look slimmer.

If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to share it! Good luck!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 1:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• if i was overweight i would rather get a gym membership then update my wardrobe. then your basically giving yourself permission and a reason to stay overweight.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It depends on where you carry your weight. I'm short, and carry my weight in the tummy and bust. I like princess seams, and like the first poster said tunic length tops. I also wear slim legged pants because my legs are my best feature, or knee length dresses. I also like the new crinkle tops, if they are long enough to cover my tummy, they hang well over my body.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• A-line skirts,shirts that fall at the hip not waist

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I read that monochromatic clothes , same color on top and bottom, are the most flattering because there is no break from top to bottom. Plus V necklines are slimming. On What Not to Wear they talk about wearing belts to draw attention to the slimmest part of you. It is an illusion that shows you have a waistline. And pants should be as long as possible to give the illusion of height (don't let them be sloppy and hit the floor though). Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Thanks ladies
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:04 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I buy almost all my clothes at avenue. I find that they fit well and things pair nicely. I carry my weight in my tummy and butt and thighs. So I tend to not wear shorts and I like shirts that fall to around my hips. I hope u can find a style that works for you and that you feel flatters you.
    LovinKayla

Answer by LovinKayla at 2:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2010