twin surprise and other pregnancy reinactment shows

seriously they make pregnancy seem like a terror or a huge nightmare. Its ridiculous they play scary music and make the ppl so panicky and scared it drive me nuts lol yet.. Ill still watch the show ha! Anyone else notice this?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I love it when the narrator goes, "And she did it without the aid of pain meds..." Dun dun dun.

Like no women has even in the history of giving birth ever chose to do a med free birth.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I've never watched these shows, but I've heard a lot of people say this. I guess it's ok if you know about childbirth, but there are way too many ignorant, impressionable young moms out there who watch this stuff and get terrified of childbirth. I would LOVE to see a show about natural or home childbirth and show how wonderful it could be. Wouldn't that be awesome?!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• They do have some of those too, but, not enough. They like the dramatic "emergency" ones..where the pitocin and epi cause the heartrate to drop and they "need" a c-section instead of just turning down the meds.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i know this may sound mean but I can't help but laugh or change the channel when some moms start screaming at the top of their lungs. I know that labor hurts but omg! lol when I had my son I like grunted and that was it. I would be to embarassed to scream like that and freak every other mom in the delivery ward out lol
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 1:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• its just for entertainment so the people do their thang...lol...i watch sometimes...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Some of them are just plain ridiculous. I swear if a woman has never had a baby and sees some of the stuff on those shows she'd be scared shitless. They make pregnancy and delivery out to be super dangerous and not to be attempted without the aid of a team of medical experts. Not to mention the rate of c-sections shown on those shows is disportionately high.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2010