Halloween

When did Halloween become a mjor decorating holiday?

How many decorations are too much?

We've seen houses with 10 giant inflatables, or 50 talking tomb stones. What is excess.... or am I just jealous because I lack that creative spark to turn my yard into a cemetary.

nancyjeanine

Asked by nancyjeanine at 10:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think it's neat to look at other people's yards like that, I personally don't have the time, energy or money to put into decorating for Halloween! The costumes alone break the bank! They have made costumes so overpriced and cheap looking it's ridiculous!
    ConnersMom1204

Answer by ConnersMom1204 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• LOL, we decorated last year but someone stole most of our stuff! lol! But i think a few of those giant blow ups can be tacky! Although some yards looks really neat when done just right..I however seem to lack the creative juices too..hubby does ours...lol
    MyMariah

Answer by MyMariah at 12:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I really dont care for the decorations being outside. Exspecaily for halloween. But if it was up to my SO then Our hole house inside and out would have stuff all over. Its his favorite holiday. But i really dont care for it.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 12:22 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• We have a lot of decorations, but you have to understand...to my DH, and his brother, and my daughter, Halloween is as sacred as Christmas! lol

We don't have an entire graveyard or anything like that. We've just collected some props over the years that we liked, and we set them up each year. We've been in the local paper more than once, but the real fun is watching the kids on Halloween when they come trick or treating! All these horrible looking props, and what makes them scream? The fog machine.

http://eating-sandiego.blogspot.com  to see some of our props, and get a good halloween recipe :)

jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:20 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I love decorating my house and yard, my husband doesn't like it but I told him he has to deal with it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2008