How did you get over the baby-daddy?

If you had a baby with a man who left or the relationship didn't work, how did you deal? Do you have to deal with the father often, or does he just not come around? What happened that things didn't work out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I had an on again, off again relationship with my kid's dad until he went to prison 10 years ago. That pretty much put an end to it. I'm so glad that it happened and I was able to get on with my life. I have meet the love of my life and we have been together for 8 years.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• when he said the words.."i will make you regret the little bastard was ever born" i took that as a major threat. So i took action and now i want to make his life miserable. Those words hurt like hell and instead of feeling sorry for myself and sorry that he didnt want to be in our lives..i felt i would make him sorry instead and it feels frickin great. i don't talk to him, see him, he has no contact..but he is court ordered to pay and if he doesnt he gets warrants for his arrest. im sure he is the one that feels regret.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I was over my ex husband before I filed for divorce. We had tried every avenue to fix our marriage but after 7 years every bridge had been burnt and we were beyond just room mates. His family hated me and my family hated him and same with our friends. There was nothing left to salvage so I left him. We have shared parenting and he pays childsupport and he is a good dad to our son. I can't help but still care about him because of the bond that comes with having a child together but it's nothing more than that and we can still talk and get along very well. I get along with his girlfriend and him my fiance. My son is happier now that we are divorced and loves his new step dad and his fathers girlfriend and I woudn't have it any other way:) My son is loved by many!:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• well for me, my ex cheated on me and got another woman pregnant. So the getting over him wasnt so bad. I found that i was very angry with. I took me a long time to get past the anger i felt. I don't have very much interaction with him(he doesn't help with my son at all) so when i do see him i don't speak. Not because i still have feelings for him or anything, just because his logic pisses me off. He feels as though because he was the finanical supporter of my son for the first four years of his life, he don't have to take care of him now(my son is seven). I just don't think about him at all. And besides, i got me a brand new man...that helps a lot
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 4:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I was over my ex before we got married, but I was pregnant and tried to work it out for the baby-BAD IDEA! After a few years I just couldn't do it any more and divorced him. In the end I think we both saw it was for the best. I still have to deal with him and it suxs I like to just have clean breaks and move on.

what went wrong-- a lot!!
    cattiesmom78

Answer by cattiesmom78 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• yay go shay
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:15 AM on Aug. 14, 2010