Im kinda nervous... adult content

my bf and i broke up the other night when he assaulted me. The warrant went through last night but ive been able to check online and he still hasnt been picked up yet....should i be worried? since it's a warrant for his arrest i dont think he can get out of it somehow, right? i understand he can post bail right when hes brought in, I'm just worried as to why it's taking so long :/ any ideas or reassuring thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe they just haven't been able to find him yet. And if he comes after you, and you call the cops, he will be arrested right then and there.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It depends on if the cops are actively looking for him or just waiting to "come across" him. But if you see him or he comes to your house, call the police immediately!!!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• The 'justice' system works slowly at best. It can take a week to even get a warrant sometimes. Then they have to serve it. If he knows he may be served he will likely make it hard to find him. In the meantime, keeping your windows and doors locked. Only go out after dark when you have someone with you. I hope things feel safe for you soon.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would call down to the police station and ask them about it. Ask them to send a patrol car around your house periodically to keep an eye out for him. Tell them you are very scared about what he may try to do. Tell them you want a report made that you called asking them for this type of assistance too..if something does happen and they didnt follow through with your request, they will have it on record that you called and they did nothing.
    Maybe even try to go stay with a relative or friends until he is picked up. You can never be too safe with a man like that.
    Take care of yourself.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Be extra vigilant, if you see or hear from him call the cops right away. If he is dangerous it might not be a bad idea to keep some pepper spray or something of that sort with you.
    Itssomanythings

Answer by Itssomanythings at 1:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i would go somewhere else and call the police and convey urgency...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't be worried but be careful.And I would also call the police if you know where he might be.When he is picked up and if he is let out,he will be given a No Contact Order.If he contacts you in any way ,he will go back to jail.I would also get a Restraining order on him.Good luck sweetie.And be careful too!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• they probably haven't been able to find him. you can't get out of a warrant for you arrest. if they catch him he will go to jail. he might be able to get out if he post bail. but if you see him or no where he is then call the police immediately.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Do you have anyone (brother or male cousin) who could stay with you a few days? Or a relatives place you could stay?Just until you feel better or he's caught. Honestly, here they just wait until they happen upon most people with warrants! I hope they find him quickly!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010