Have You Made any Memory Books to Hand Down to Your Children

My family & my S/O family didn't tell us a lot about our families. My Mother was from Scotland & all I knew was her Mother died when she was 8 & she was 2nd from the oldest. Her Dad was unable to work & care for 7 children which was common back then in Scotland, plus women didn't want to marry you w/7 chd. I was told 4yrs later he died of a broken heart. My Mother went w/an Aunt for a while & then into an orphanage bec she didn't want her anymore. Sev. of the others went into orphanages also. The youngest DD came to USA w/an Aunt who told her she was her real Mother. My Mother never met her sister until she was 65 & she lived an hr away, they were total strangers & it didn't really work out. I made books for my brother, sister, 2 children & 1 Gr-son we have 1/2 custody of. I don't want them to have to wonder all their lives the way we did. How about you, have you left memories?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow, that's sad for her. I have their baby books. The church my mother grew up in did a history of the town, and church, about a decade ago. It traces back the founding families of the town. It gives everychurch families family tree. My mom's parents both grew up there, and my dad's mother's family was also from there. So I have an entire book that traces back 3 or 4 my sides....all from Germany. However I don't know too much about my dad's father. But all three other parts of my family have reunions every summer and the family tree, history books are updated every year and able to be purchased whenever. So about every 5 years I get a new one. My hubby's family is a hot mess though. He is the oldest of 9 kids, his dad was a whore and most of the kids are to different women, and he has no relationship with any of them. And his dad is a waste, never contacts him or makes excuses when my hubby contaccts him. The rest of them, IDK
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• For my 1st child, I admit I've done a whole lot more in the memory keeping department for him.His memory book is 3 books so far plus a box..and still adding.
    For each of my children, I started a memory book for them while I was pregnant and continued on. I've written about our family history that I know of...from both sides. I've kept momentos for each child as well.
    My sons box is very interesting to look into...but I havent let him go through it yet, I will give it to him when he is an adult.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have a pregnancy journal for each of my children detailing what happend when I found out, ultrasounds...etc.

Then I have them each a baby book. They also each have their own photo album :)

They also have a "Christmas box" Its a pretty box where I store their personal tree decorations, I buy them a new one each year. When they get married they can take the box with them and have decorations for their tree :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Not yet but I am going to start, I got some news from a medical test yesterday that could be deadly to me. My girls are 3 and 4.5 so I am going to put their hospital pictures in there, and simple things like my favorite songs, colors, etc in case something does happen they will have them.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Believe me...my children are all aware of what my life was all about growing up.& it's something I'm not too proud of.What is important to everyone today is that I am not that same person.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010