Have you ever had someone tell you they didn't want your kids to play with theirs?

If you had someone either never agree to a play date or avoid the issues all together please answer this question.

teacherraabe

Asked by teacherraabe at 1:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I have been the person avoiding and never agreeing to a playdate. Simply because the other kids were wild and I just couldn't deal with them. After a couple playdates, I had to deprogram my kids. I was not into behavior like stomping on full juice boxes in the house, breaking toys "for fun" and grinding pizza into the carpet cause it looks neat. Plus, someone always got hurt.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• No, I havent had anyone tell me they didnt want my children playing with thiers. But I have had them come to me to tell me somethign my son had done while at thier house. I apologize and try to rectify the problem/issue right then and there and I have even told my son right in front of the parent(s) that his behavior was inappropriate and he does get punished for it. I think because I deal with things head on and let other parents know I don't just ignore thier complain/concern...they don't have a problem with my son going to thier house or playing with thier kids. My daughter is too young to go to anyones house yet,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Like jeanclaudia, I too was the parent who discontinued playdates with a friend's little girl. I caught the little girl being mean and spiteful to my DD whenever she thought I wasn't looking. I never told the parent, some folks can be very defensive, so I just thought it best to cut out the playdates.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have been the one who was told i could not come play. now that i am 24 i wish that rule would have stuck. if you know there is nothing wrong with your child then do not be concerned
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yeah. It's rare I find a local parent besides our immediate friends and family who agree with our beliefs or lifestyle.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I am selective about who my son plays with because he is shy, and I have seen way too many kids being too aggressive or rough around him. He is so sweet that he just gets trampled by bullies and I know he will have to deal with that eventually in school, but at 19 months I try to protect him from it.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 9:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You know I haven't had anyone not wanting my son to play with there's. Although I had to keep my son way from some kids because they would bully him and I don't want him getting the bad idea about bully other kids.
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 11:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I told the neighbors to stay away or else, but we have never been rejected.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 12:04 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes, I have. I didn't appreciate her 5 y/o calling my 4 y/o a B****, he steals my children's toys and I just didn't/don't want him around my children.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:12 AM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yes mi sil because her son was hitting my son his a lil older so her son would hit my son and take all his toys away. so i would ask him to give him his toys back because they had to share she went all phycho on me yelling in front of the kids saying my son cant get his way. so i was like dont yell at me specially in front of my son ( he was scared) i told her you know what if you dont want them to play then tell your son to give him all his toys back ( they were in my house) and and they wont play together. my son knwos how to play with other kids he has a play date every week so i know he doesnt hit and he knows how to share but she doesnt do that according to her a play date is just a waste of time and she dont have the time for it.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2010