What would you do? adult content

A friend confided in me today about something that happened.

She said she went to a party last night with some of her friends. As her and her friends were leaving the house about 8 guys grabbed her and threw her down. She said 6 guys held her down while 2 stipped her clothes off. She said she fought them so hard, but with 6 guys holding her down it was hard to get away. Her friends were locked outside and they were pounding the door trying to help her. Nothing else happened, some guy happened to be upstairs and heard her screaming, he came down and threatened to call the police if they didn't let her go. They did and she said she ran out of the house. She is so upset. She trusted these people. I told her to report the incident before it happened to someone else and maybe that person won't get so lucky. She says since nothing else happened there is nothing to report. What would you do? What else can I say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• She still needs to report it. She may not have been raped, but she was assulted. If it had happened on the street instead of in a home with friends of friends she'd probably still have reported it. The people outside can report that they hear her screaming for help, that at the very least she was forcibly confined, what they saw when they were allowed back in. Hopefully the guy who threatened to call the cops will corroborate and tell what really happened. If nothing else, her silence is just giving these guys the idea that they can get away with it, because they are getting away with it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• that is assult and attempted rape she can report it. She knows the guys and she can tell the cops exactly who they are...

Tell her to pick her friends wisely and don't trust and random group of people...
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 1:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would call and report it myself and I would ask her for the names of the people involved, why wait until
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 1:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It's still assault. She should report it.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• yeah she needs to file a report... I know my conscious will not let me be.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Ok. I will talk to her again and try and get all the guys names and I will do it myself. No one else saw, her friends were locked outside. She is afraid these guys will make her life hell if she reports it. I will do it myself. I don't want this to happen to someone else. Oh she wants revenge all right. She is upset, embarrassed and pissed.I don't think they were just random people. She parties all the time with that group.

Even if it can't be proven and nothing can be done, atleast the police already know just incase it happens to someone else.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• She was assaulted and held against her will That is called kidnapping and if shewon't call the police,someone else should.They can & probably will be charged with attempted sexual assault.Please,please,please do something & have these guys thrown in jail.Those are some heavy duty charges.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 3:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• They inflicted bodily harm onto her...she needs to report every person involved. It's intimidation and threatening behavior if they continue to verbally or emotionally harass her. All those offenses can be brought to charge.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• sadfully this happen to my friend too :(
    i say just be there for her, and that why just girls gotta stick hip by hip.
    so many monsters out in the world.
    and filea a report we need to monster locked up!
    frankye

Answer by frankye at 7:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2010