for mommys that use cloth diapers!!!

if you boil ur inserts, how long do u do it for?

shash1

Asked by shash1 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I haven't ever boiled them. I fill up my washer at the start of every day and throw the dirty ones in as the day goes. Then after the kids go to bed I run it through the rinse cycle. Then I wash them in hot water.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Just wash them in hot water. I don't see any reason to boil them in todays world. A few generations ago, I would have seen a reason, but the water in your washer should be more than enough...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Boil? Why?

We soaked in vinegar before washing

Answer by rkoloms at 2:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have never boiled or soaked my inserts.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I just throw em dirty into a bucket, and wash in hot water with color-safe bleach.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 7:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• hmm, alright, thanks ladies! I really like the idea of filling up the washer and just adding them throughout the day, thats awesome. I only have 1 child and doing his dipes every other day doesnt even give me a medium load.

Ive been hearing a lot of moms boiling the inserts because for one, using the hot water cycle so much raises the bill and two, i try to be eco-friendly and wash on cold. I use up my hot water points for the dishwasher ;P lmao.

Instead of using hot water in the wash, I add a pot of boiling water :) really makes a difference with my water bill. I know its not a huge bill like electric but Id rather pay 20 bucks than 45 lol

Also, I try not to use too much hot water with the diapers that have PUL on them cause it'll just ruin the dipe quicker. Boiling the micro-fiber inserts supposedly gets all of the detergent build-up out so that they will absorb more.
    Thanks again ladies :)
    shash1

Comment by shash1 (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Aug. 14, 2010