Birthday Party for 2 year old?

I'm wondering whether to have a birthday party for our son when he turns 2 next month. We know a lot of people with kids, so if we had one and invited friends, it wouldn't be small. If you suggest having one - at home with a space jumper or at a public play place ($!)??

mevxoxo

Asked by mevxoxo at 2:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you live near a place that has one of those big playgrounds (like the human hamster cage lol we call it) I would pay the money and go there, if you can afford it. It's better for ALL the kids to run off their energy than to be crammed in a house. We are lucky, my youngest turns 1 in October and we are doing the party at our church. It has a kitchen, pavilion and playground if it is nice out. And if it isn't nice out, we will be fine inside. Better than cramming everyone in. Or just have the party with family. We did that this weekend for our son who turned 2. It was only family this time, and my grandpa wanted it at his pool. We had a nice picnic.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• There are years ahead for big, pricey parties. Honestly, I would keep it simple. Your child will appreciate the attention and cake and then they will try to open the presents. Also it's said, have as many guests as the age of the child.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My daughter is about to turn 3, and for her first two birthdays (and this one, as well), we've had small parties with family and a few close friends. The parties have been at our house and been very low key, and neither one cost us more than $70 (and that's considering that with her first birthday we actually grilled out and provided hamburgers, hot dogs and whatnot). My philosophy is that at this point, she mostly cares about being the center of attention, eating cake, and opening presents. Maybe next year (when she's in preschool) we'll do something more elaborate, but this is good for now.

If you have a lot of people you'd like to invite, see if you can rent a picnic pavillion or room in a community center, or even use your church's fellowship hall. That should be low-cost but still provide you with space.
    pattim99

Answer by pattim99 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 13, 2010