Question RE: tanning beds

If you go to tanning beds...how often do you go, so you don't lose that color?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I used to do tanning beds at the gym I used to go to like 3 years ago, and Id go at least 3 times a week. However I stopped b/c I really don't like exposing myself to such high UV rays like that. Skin cancer is one thing that can be prevented.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have never personally gone. The lady across the street from me does. She goes twice a week all year long.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• years ago,I would go about 5 times and then just maintain my slight tan by walking my dog three times a day,for example. But Tanning beds DO cause skin cancer and I don't want that. Tans are not worth cancer. I won't go again.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I do not personally go. SKin cancer.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Truth is, tanning beds do not cause skin cancer any more than the outdoors. Let me clarify... Tanning beds are designed to send out a moderated and continuous stream of UV light. The sun's natural rays actually fluctuate radically while you are outside. If you spent as much time sunbathing outdoors than in a salon, you would actually expose yourself to higher doses of radiation and the harmful UV rays. There are actually 2 types. Anything done outside of the rules of moderation is unhealthy. Personally, according to the reasearch I have done, I support moderate tanning. There are a lot of great benefits, including an effect on depression, and eczema.

I never liked the look of the deep dark tan on people that were born pale (like me). I also get a base tan every summer because I burn extremely easy until I have one and the burns in natural sunlight do a lot to promote skin cancers and other long-term issues.
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 12:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2010