sahm VS working mothers.

I know that this debate is old, and argued on here all the time. But I recently got my feelings hurt over this exact topic. I was talking to a friend of mine, who by the way doesn''t even have children, and she starts bashing stay at home moms as lazy, and having no right to complain of our lack of adult interaction because we chose to stay at home. I am the first to admit, a working mother has it harder than any group, working women, working mothers, or SAHMs. They not only work a 9-5, but when they get home, its another job all over between kids and husbands, much like SAHMs they're job isn't done when they clock out for the day from there place of employment. Because home duities is a job in itself. my friend starts telling me, that I choose to get knocked up, and I choose to stay home, so for me to "Complain" to her about not having a social life is annoying. she also thinks, because I stay at home, I have no job, CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• screw her. I wouldn't even waste my time venting to her. Maybe some day when she has kids she will understand how SAHM feel it is more rewarding to be with their children at this crucial time of their life. Yeah some days I think about going back to work, but realistically, 4 years of a child's life is nothing in the span of a life time. I have the rest of my life to work and only now to raise my kids.....because it is my job to raise them as I see fit, not send them somewhere else most of the day.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• And you still call her a friend? I've been a SAHM. I've am not a working mom. I don't think one is better than the other, I don't think one is more or less work.
    Tell her to get over herself.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Your "friend" is being very inconsiderate. I am a working mommy and I ENJOY it. It was my DECISION. I love my kids, but staying home is just not for me. I think stay at home moms are way better than me, because it just isn't my cup of tea. :(

Becoming pregnant isn't always (or most of the time might I add) a choice, but it also isn't something we would trade for the world (most of us anyways). Sometimes it is just part of our lives and something we cherish because it is our baby.

Your choice is not wrong, nor is it annoying for you to complain about your lack of interactment. I work outside of the home and I haven't got much interactment either! lol, That is part of being a parent!

Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:10 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• OP CONT-
    WHich makes me SO angry, because I have a full time job, which more often than not, requires LOTS of over time! I get up in the morning, I make breakfast, clean up breakfast, sweep the floors, play games, work on school work, clean the house while trying to keep my son out of trouble at the saem time, do lunch, clean up lunch SWEEP AGAIN, pllayyy, clean, take care of the pets, bills, shopping, and other various jobs, than dinner, CLEAN up again, and sweep againnnn. when my husband gets home, the LAST thing he wants to do is tend to the baby, because he has worked all day, well SO HAVE I. Women with out children should just keep there mouths closed, because if they understood what it was like to work and raise children, or just stay at home and raise children, they would understand that its NOTHING compared to what they do on a daily basis!
    I just want to say WTG ALL MOTHERS< be it working, or SAHM's! WE ARE AMAZING!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 2:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• ""Maybe some day when she has kids she will understand how SAHM feel it is more rewarding to be with their children at this crucial time of their life""

Well, I missed that in the SAHM pamphlet. I didn't find being a SAHM more rewarding then being the working mom I am now. I find being a parent rewarding.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'd work over staying home if I could. Now is not the time for our family and we made that choice. But maybe she is jealous? It's very easy to judge when you don't have kids. Sounds to me like she was really lashing out at you and not listening to your gripe. I'd wonder what is behind that?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• and my above post should say I am now a working mom. not I've am not a working mom. Bad typing day.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have to go with the "Screw her" comment! But as someone who has done both the "working mom" thing and the "SAHM" thing - and even the "WAHM" thing... I am a firm believer that it's MUCH easier to be a working mom... I can't wait to have this baby and go back to work... Being home full time is triple the work of not.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• wow! I think that a mother should stay at home with their kids! Two working parents is sad, and it takes away from the kids! Plus I think working moms who work just because they want to are selfish!!!!! It is bad parenting IMHO, to want to leave your children , even to work, when you dont hjave to...so booooo to her!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Man, she sounds like some kind of "friend". I don't think I would be friends with her anymore..she sounds like one rude chick.
    I've been a working mom, I've been a single working mom, I'm a stay at home mom and I make money from home too. While I worked, I had friends that were stay at home moms..they vented to me about all kinds of stuff and I vented to them my woes of being a wokring mom...none of us every put the other one down for our choices.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010