I turned my daughters hair gray! hair color question

My daughter got her hair highlighted this summer and wanted to go back her to natural color...so she gets a box of hair color, I put it on, wait, wash it out and the streaks that were once blonde are now dark gray. She's moritfied and wore her hair in a pony tail to school this morning. (she also plucked her one eyebrow the wrong way last night) She's going down hill fast! LOL How do I fix this?? (w/o going to a salon)

RentaMom

Asked by RentaMom at 2:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• What color did you use? An ash tone I assume. Try another color with golden in the title.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Take her to a beauty salon,they know what to do.,they will get it right.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oh boy...that sucks!
    I would say try another color. Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Call the number on the box. They will tell you which box of color to use to correct it.

Plan B- get a gloss like John Frieda, and put that in after washing it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You have to add a redish hint to the hair to get it back to normal. Black and brown hair have red in them. When bleached it takes the red pigment out. When dying it back, unless adding a redish hint as well, it will just turn gray. Just get a red/brown hair dye kit and do it over. GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• OMG... that happened to a friend of mine. She kept trying to fix it and it got worse and turned a greenish color. Definitely call the number on the box for instructions. Don't just follow some random advice. The people on the 800 number are trained in what to do.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I took cosmetology just so you know!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You can call the # of the box, they are very friendly and helpful and KNOW what they are talking about. Good luck!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You have to fill it in with red... I would go to a salon at this point though.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• STOP. Back away from your child's head. Call your local beauty school tomorrow first thing in the morning. They are always open on saturday AT LEAST until noon. They will be able to help you for a much lower price than a regular salon, an instructor will oversee the process, and it will be a great learning opportunity to a fledgling stylist. :) And please.... for the love of all that is holy, do not try to put red on that poor girls head. Yes, warm cancels ash, but there is an art to doing it without making her look like a calico kitten. If you feel you must do something to her hair tonight, mix up lemon juice with some heavy conditioner and work it thru her hair (watch out it will burn her eyes), cover her hair in a plastic grocery bag, and heat it up with the dryer. Leave it on for 30 minutes or so. It may pull out some of the gray. Which at least will make it easier to fix it tomorrow at the beauty schoo

karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:58 PM on Aug. 13, 2010