Stratford Career Institute

I wanted to go back to school so bad and completed FAFSA and I applied to a community college in my city, but I didn't know about Stratford Career Institute when I first enrolled with them to complete "high school". My husband and neither did I knew much or nothing about how you need to find a school online that is accredited to get a good working diploma. We just found out reading reviews from this school. I still don't understand why they do that to get money when their not giving you a legitimate diploma you can use. Now we're like what do we do...we wasted money thinking I graduated high school and got my diploma. He's starting school next month but I don't think I will be able to like I dreamed of for Graphic Design. It really sucks. My husband said I would need a GED to go to school. Any help, advice will be so appreciated. Is there a way I can do it online....practice test or something...?

-Thanks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in

• Aw I'm sorry, I had a similar experience with them, they are a waste of time and money!! Go to your local bookstore and pick up a GED practice guide, or you can get one from your library too, and you can study up and just take your test. There are usually adult education courses, too that help you get your GED, for free.
    GL Momma!!!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I should have added it won't take you very long to study for the test and take the exam. You should definitely be able to start school by Spring 2011!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• GL
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:46 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• I am sorry about Stratford Career Institute but the program you took should have prepared you to take the GED, find you when the test is, pay for it and take it. If you went through the whole high school progam, you should do fine.
    Best of luck
    xpandyourmind

Answer by xpandyourmind at 11:58 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• check with your local school district & see if they offer adult education.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010