Is cramping at 5 weeks really okay?

So this is my 4th pregnancy. But I have never had cramping before... I just had an ultrasound yesterday and so far so good (only yolk sac visible thus far, next week we go in for another ultrasound to see baby and heartbeat.) Anyhow I am having light constant cramping in my abdomen and lower back (not pain or ANY spotting) nurse said this is okay. Why? I have never had it before.?.?.?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 2:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that's gud...i only had 1 kid and i had cramps the whole time...lol..gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I had it in my 2nd pregnancy and again in my 3rd. The cramping was worse with each pregnancy for me.

I hope it goes away for you soon!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'm pregnant with my second and have had cramps with both pregnancies. They are so annoying but I was reading up on them because it concerned me too and a couple different sources said the hormones can cause it and also the sheer fact of your uterus expanding will cause it even on repeat pregnancies. I will be 9 weeks and they have definitely decreased and are rare for me now. :)
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It's your uterus expanding.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i'm told its okay. as long as your not bleeding.
    hang in there girl! i hear that it's

not every girl whos different, but its every pregancy is different if that helps ease your mind.
    frankye

Answer by frankye at 6:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010