Any one think they are underpaid???

I work at a job that I am the assistant. The thing is...I know more than the people who are managing and in charge of everything. All the paperwork comes through me and it is never done right! It is always the same things over and over. There are deadlines and state requirments that have to be met at my job and it is like I am babysitting these people. None of them have to be responsible because they have me tell what and when they need to do things. I also do the payroll so I know what everyone makes and it sucks that EVERYONE makes more than me. I know, with the economy I should be happy that I still have a job but it still sucks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• i feel underpaid i know i can run the business better then the owner can I've done it
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• That's what an assistant does...more work less pay...Maybe you need to look elsewhere for a job you can be happy in.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:38 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• NO WAY... I love being my own boss, you work like 5-15 hours a week and I make as much if not more than if I was in a Corporate Position.

I have no stupid people that I answer too, and I get pd daily. Most people with us work us PT, until they completely replace their income and realize what the true luxary of time freedom feels like. :-)
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Sometimes I feel underpaid but then I think of all the perks I get.........
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 3:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Nindy what kind of perks do you get?
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes. I am a teacher and make 32,000/year. It is a lot of work and worry for what I get paid. BUT I knew when I went into teaching money would be slim. I do it b/c it is my passion to teach young people and hopefully instill a love of learning!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010