Henna Tattoos?

Ok, we have a girls night once a month and I still have 4 months until my turn to pick. Alot of the girls keep talking about getting tattoos. Some of us just don't know if we are ready to do it permanently so I was thinking about a Henna tattoo. Can anyone tell me more on this?

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 2:43 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Henna is awesome. It goes on and stays for a few days to a few weeks. If you find someone good, they can be very detailed and create beautiful designs. I suggest and actual Indian lady to do it. They h ave experience. They have their hands done for weddings because the bride is not supposed to do house work or any work until it wears off. LOL Sometimes after birth too. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:48 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:49 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Henna is great. I have to , well not really have to but it's tradition..lol.. For many events and occasions. I wore the most for my wedding. Felt like it took forever to get it all done for it.. LOL

Anyhooo.. If you are going to do it. Have it done by a professional. Also, each one of you will need to do a small spot test to check for an allergic reaction as well.

Once it goes on. If you take pains to take care of it: don't do lots of cleaning, etc.. It can last for quite awhile. Mine lasted for weeks after my wedding. But I wasn't doing any housework or anything for a couple of weeks ... Now when I do it for some reason, it only last a few days, because I just go about my days as usual, not to worried about messing it up. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Henna is awesome and just plain fun! I had a henna tattoo once and it lasted over a month. I've tried to get more but the vendors are never in when I'm at the ocean. Argh. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I had a henna tattoo once. Got it on vacation. It lasted a couple of weeks and was awesome. I bought the stuff to do it myself and that didn't work out so hot. Find someone who knows what they are doing.
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 3:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010