Looking for a midwife in Spokane, WA

Does anyone know of a good one?

ourbabykins

Asked by ourbabykins at 2:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I was planning to go with Margaret Lipton. I moved out of state before getting pregnant though. Spokane Midwives is another option, I have heard mostly positive things and a few negative, but again no personal experience.

Your chances of getting a truly natural birth at a hospital in Spokane are VERY slim. Valley Hospital has the lowest c-section rate, I believe, but still isn't great. Only go to Sacred Heart or Deaconess if you are okay with every unnecessary intervention in the book, including pitocin drips across the board whether you actually need one or not. I would NOT go with Woman Health, especially if you are natural-birth minded. I had very negative experiences with them just during well woman care, I can't imagine dealing with them for a birth. So really it depends on why you are looking for a midwife instead of an O.B. If you are wanting a drug-free and low-intervention birth in Spokane, homebirth.
    CrunchyCon

Answer by CrunchyCon at 2:44 AM on Aug. 14, 2010