Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

not sure what to do.. adult content

my bf choked me and my insurance lapsed so i dunno if i should go to a doc...theres no bruises on my neck, but it hurts pretty bad....what should i do? before you ask, yes they put out a warrant for his still scared though..

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (20)
  • Go to the ER. They have to see you even with out insurance. Then there is medical evidence of the abuse.


    Answer by Cindy18 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • go tot he hospital so it can be documented.

    Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • go into the ER and get checked out. nothing is more important than your health!

    Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • i think you should go to doctor for your health
    to make a record of his abuse

    if a warrent is out for his arrest, i assume the police were involved...did the police not advise you to seek medical attention?????

    Answer by fiatpax at 2:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • I agree with everyone else. I'm so sorry

    Answer by OoShannonoO at 2:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • I think that you should go to the ER. They won't turn you away just because you have no insurance. This will allow them to check and make sure that there is no damage and it will also document the abuse.


    Answer by hsmominky at 3:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • I agree go to er 4 documentation

    Answer by KISS1224 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • I'd go to the hospital. Do not worry about the insurance. They will be able to help you and refer you to people( free or low cost) that can help you.

    Answer by mollgirl at 3:02 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Ditto to the above

    Answer by Memigen at 3:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Still..go to the hospital. They need to document this anyway.You may not see bruising on the outside but there could be damage on the inside.
    Just go to the E.R.
    Sue your ex boyfriend for the bill.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.