Did you wear a fashion trend that you now realize was totally ugly? Describe your faux pas.

Today is Friday, the 13th.

To celebrate and ward off evil spirits, the CafeMom Answers Team will be randomly posting 7 real-life “horror” questions throughout the day. Answer all 7 questions and you’ll receive the one-day-only Friday, the 13th Award.

This was my fashion mistake:

Cafe Meghan

Asked by Cafe Meghan at 3:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• leggings and big bulky sweatshirts...i remember thinking i look sooo cool wearing them...and the parachute pants, and the hair parted at the side with the big poof..lol...now a days i think the ppl with those ugly skinny jeans are gonna regret it...uuugh there soooo ugly!!!!!!!! flaires need to come back!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oooh I wish I had the picture, but back in the era of hair metal, I had an acid washed jean jacket with Guns N' Roses pins and patches, a big Anthrax patch on the back, poofy hair, acid washed jeans with zippers on the sides and a little bow at the top of each zipper, rolled up, and I am wearing white Reebok high tops and two Swatch watches. I cringe knowing that picture is in existence. I sure was cool.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• ewwwwwwwwwww! What the heck is that chic-a-dee wearing?LOL!
    And yes..I wore some ugly stuff back in highschool.Didnt' realize how dang ugly it was until I pulled some pictures from back then.I had on a pair of cut off jean shorts that were cut crooked and folded and the backs were folded really funky,lol. UNDER those I had white leggins with lace on the bottom, my shoes were shiny black things with big black fancy laces, and my shirt was an oversized t-shirt with a gigantic bright colorful fower on it AND I had it tucked in...hahahahahahah
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!What was I thinking?!?!?!?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Wow, that pic...

I had big bangs, parachute pants, those ugly baggy jumper things, those ugly matching windsuit get ups.....Stirrup pants.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Gauchos and those awful silver metallic jackets...ewww lol
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 3:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oh...God!

I was totally all over the hammer pants...
    BLACK LACE HAMMER PANTS Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• 1991. Crimping iron.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wore a fanny pack 2 yrs ago never again!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• lol...most of my high school dayz i did just to be different...lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oh, my goodness! Thanks for the laugh :-)
    When I was around 10, I didn't go anywhere without my New Kids On The Block fanny pack. I mean, I wore it everywhere, school, store, playing, even around the house in my jammies (NKOTB of course!).
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010