Is my husband a rarity??

I ask, because my friend asked me to babysit and she goes "but I feel bad you watching" 3 kids under 3!!, and I go "no problem my husband will help !!he helps me all the time with our kids".At first she looked at my odd.Then, I proceeded to tell her he comes home from work and watches them for a couple hours so I can either clean, or relax and do whatever I need and she told me that her husband never helps he just comes home watches t.v and goes to bed and maybe will wake her up to umm, well ya know ;) haha..So is what my husband do rare or is her husband just an ass??

He also will get up with the kiddos on a Saturday so I can sleep in, and I will on Sunday so he can..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds like my husband :-) Most people I know think it's odd and I need to superglue our hips together so as to not let him get away. Not sure if it's a rarity but it's not the most common. Lucky :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• nah its her husband he is an ass
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Girl... we are the lucky ones!

My husband is like yours, very helpful and caring, but so many guys aren't. Just count your blessings! I certainly do!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• my hubs does it too.. we also take turns sleeping in, he gets saturday, I get sunday. But even though my husband does it too, I still think its pretty rare
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:15 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I say y'all have rare hubs/ mine is the come home eat his dinner infront of the TV and tone the world out kinda guy.. I am married to his paycheck and he is one of the kids.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My ex husband was like hers! That is one of many reasons he is an ex!

My hubby now though, he is absolutely wonderful! He will not only let me sleep in, but make me breakfast on a lot of weekends!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You have a normal, adult husband. So do I

Answer by rkoloms at 3:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My bf does some of that. He watches the kids if I need it, lets me sleep in some days, feeds the baby and such. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My husband helps our a lot around the house. I tell him sometimes I feel bad asking him to do things and he says he feels like he doesn't do enough. Based on a lot of stuff I've seen here on CM, though, there does seem to be a lot of asses out there. Makes me thankful for what I have.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• What's wrong w a male parent wanting 2 help lol

Just because he might work dnt mean he can help out w HIS own kids lol
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010