Is homosexuality a sin? If not then what is? Why? How do you gage if something is a sin?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 3:14 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Omg y do people keep posting this..its cafemom!!
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• In the Roman Catholic church homosexuality itself is not a sin. Having SEX with a person outside of marriage is a sin and since homosexuals can not marry, that is the sin. If they choose to live a celibate life with a partner, that is okay, it is only the sexual act that the church has issue with.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 3:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• to me its not a sin and they are gay or lesbian cause they are born that way and its not disgusting to me at all i think they are all strong people for being honest and open about who they really are sometimes i wish straight people were more like that

im not a lesbian been with DH for 5 years i just have a lot of relatives in that community and i see how much they get picked on
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• To me personally.............

Nope... I do not believe it is a sin.

I gauge something as a "sin" based on: The reasons and intent behind an action.......... and... acting against my own conscience. Which the two go hand and hand in many ways.

Ex: Some believe killing is a sin, period to exceptions. I believe the intent makes it a sin. Killing someone in self defense..Not a sin. Killing someone to protect others.. Not a sin...etc.. Killing just to kill, killing for fun.. Sin. Killing someone for fun, would go against my conscience..so sin.... Killing someone in self defense would not go against my conscience.. so not a sin.

I'm sure non of that made sense though.. LOL

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:18 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• According to the Bible, it is...
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I think beating a subject into the ground should be a sin...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Don't believe in "Sin".
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• sin is sin, no matter how little something may seem to be in our eyes. stealing a piece of gum is the same as stealing something bigger, like a stereo. he didn't say thou shalt not steal big things, but little things are ok. OP- like a pp said, it says it is in the bible. if i were't on my phone i'd post some verses. if nobody does by the time i get to my laptop, i will :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Okay Army wife. We will be waiting.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I think as long as you don't harm others in any way do what you want. I am atheist so I guess I believe in right and wrong but not necessarily "sin". Homosexuality? How does someone else loving someone of the same gender harm me or anyone else? Nope it's just fine in my book!!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2010