Birthcontrol?

I am debating on if I want the Mirana or the Depo shot? What are yall on and do you like it? We have 3 children and want more later but not right now so i want something good!!

bradensmommy106

Asked by bradensmommy106 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Health

• ooo I would take the Mirana anyday! a monthly shot is sooooo not my idea of fun!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Its every 3 months and its not bad at all, tiny tiny needle
    bradensmommy106

Comment by bradensmommy106 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• still, me and needles are not friends at all.. an IUD is a once in and once out thing months or years later.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I had the Depo shot and I hated it. It made me gain like 40 pounds, made me moody, and they had to stick a needle in butt every 3 months. In the beginning my period was super heavy and long and then it went away which was the only part about it I liked. I've wanted to get the Mirana for a while now. The put it in and it lasts 5 years.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 3:41 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Ill go w Mirena I've had it for past3 yrs and I love it!!!! I will get another once my 2yrs xpire
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have Mirena for the most part it's working. I decided to use it because of the lighter period and the possibility of no period. I still get a period every month but it's getting lighter.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 3:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I've heard nothing good from anyone who has taken the shot.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• DONT TAKE THE DEPO!!!! I only received 2 shots and I've gained 25 pounds and I've been bleeding none stop for 6 weeks. Not spotting, just like a normal period. I regret taking the depo.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I took Depo. Yes I gained weight after a while too. But like anything you can lose the weight if you exercise. But as I got older, Depo was not so good. It has other bad side effects. I did bleed for long periods. But I took birth control pills to stop the periods. So I am full of hormones. Depo isnt good but at least I didnt get pregnant until I needed to. I have two kids. We are finished. I had one at 30 and another at 35.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 4:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2010