I have all these old clothes ....

I keep holding onto old, nice clothes. Preprgancy clothes. Some I fit fine, some kind of tight. They are more than 4 years old for the most part. Some I can wear under sweater and as house clothes, but for the most part they are from when shirts were shorter. Not how they are long now. Do I just do a major overhaul and part with them? LOL Dumb questin, I know. Just hard for me to get rid of things like clothing, ya know. IDK why. Cause I spent so much money on it I guess. Am I the only one who has this problem??

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 3:24 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• well.. you can always do a consignment shop.. basically you trade in your clothes, when they sell you get either store credit or cash for them..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• part with them. they are messing with your chi.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I make a quilt out of them if I am that attached to them. cut them into squares (shirts) and sew them together and toss the quilt on either my bed on the back of the sofa. as for pants and what not.. if i cant think of anything crafty to to to keep them and know in my heart i wont be using them.. I donate them
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I just throw them in a garbage bag and dump them in the goodwill boxes at the grocery store parking lot. I constantly get rid of old clothes.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:28 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have the same problem. It's always an inner battle for me to part with clothes, but lately the sheer volume of clothes I own has become overwhelming so I've been trying to stick to some organizing tips I read in a magazine:

1. If the clothes don't fit, get rid of them.
    2. If the clothes fit, but haven't been worn in a year or more, get rid of them.

Those two principals have helped me clean out a significant portion of my closet. I always donate my old clothes to Goodwill. It makes me feel useful and I get the tax write-off! :)
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 3:34 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I donate whatever I can to get it out of the house. Some like to sell their stuff, which you can do, consignment shops, ebay, and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 3:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Put them up on Craigslist and see if you can sell them..get some of your money back and go buy yourself a couple new outfits :)
    Even if they are outdated..people wear all kinds of styles.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You're not alone. I have that same problem and no solution. It's hard for me to get rid of clothes because I grew up poor and usually didn't have enough of many things. Now I just think it's such a waste to get rid of clothes if I can get them altered something.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I used to do that. Until I moved twice in less than two years. I've always been one to donate or give away stuff but clothes were always the one thing I held onto for some reason. Last year I went through my stuff and found tons of clothes my sister could wear. She hardly ever has the money to buy anything nice for herself. The rest went to our local Good Neighbor Shop which works in conjunction with Christian Ministry. They give needy people vouchers to shop for free.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 3:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have a pair of my old pants size 00 that I'll never fit back into again. I have no clue why I keep them. I just do.lol!
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010