How long would you talk/date a guy before going to his house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Alone to his house with just him.. 2-3 months just so there isn't that odd "I should avoid this area" feeling if it ends too quickly but if his buddies are there or it's a get together of sorts I'll go whenever. Just depends why.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:29 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I think I would wait at least a month. Unless as PP said he was having a BBQ with other friends over or something like that.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 3:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• yeah, I went back to my DH's house on our first date.

Yet we didn't make love until we were dating over about 3 months.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• A long time. Especially if he was someone I had just met and whose background I knew nothing of.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It depends on how safe I feel with him. There might be a perfectly good reason to have a first date at his house.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:53 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Depends on if he has room mates or just lives alone. I would not feel comfortable going over to his place if he has room mates. If he lives alone and feel comfortable alone with him I would go to his place a week or two after meeting.

Answer by louise2 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Depends. If I just met this guy it would depend on how often we hang out. If we only hang out once in two weeks then it'll be a really long time before I hang out at his house. If we hang out a few times a week or more, then it might be a couple of weeks. Of course, baring any red flags that may arise. If there are red flags then I will most likely cut off contact.

If I've known the guy a while, but just really started hanging out with him it might be a shorter time. Of course, that's saying there's no reason for me to believe I shouldn't.

All in all it depends on the guy, the situation, how comfortable I am, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:04 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It all depends on the guy and the situation. When I dated my husband, I cooked dinner for him at his house on the 3rd date (and we did not have sex). I had just met his grown daughters for the first time and I knew a lot about him at that point. I knew he was a very good guy and I felt perfectly safe with him and it turned out wonderfully.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Be more specific...do you mean going back to his place to have the sex? Or to watch a movie?
    For me it depends on the guy and whether or not I'm feelin him. I wouldn't go back to his place on the 1st date and want to get it on, but after a couple, few months if things were good, then I would.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 13, 2010