weight watchers?

Does weight watchers really work? I know a alot of people on it, but ive never been on it myself. I want to hear some successful stories before I go and join.

tayysmommy

Asked by tayysmommy at 3:37 PM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Health

• I loved it. The meetings are great, they teach you the right way. I lost a lot of weight (30 pounds) on it. But I did gain it all back.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i have read that it is the most successful weight loss program. i have seen many people do very well with it!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes. I lost about 20 pounds using WW.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It's a really great program. It teaches you about healthy eating, not about following a strict diet. It's something you can live with longterm. I've lost about 50 lbs through meetings, and another 30 through online. Meetings really weren't my thing, but for some people they work great.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I lost about 20 lbs before getting pregnant and then gained it all back but my mom has lost about 65-75 lbs. At the same time I did and she has kept it off this whole entire time. Which is going on 4 years I believe. They teach you how to eat in proportions and how to make things you already love a bit differently so there are less calories and what not. They also give you adivce and encouragement for daily meals and what not. I really enjoyed it I just need to get back to what I learned now.
    BrynlysMommy

Answer by BrynlysMommy at 3:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'm doing it online. I've seen it work & fail later when people stop following it. MIL, SIL, and a neighbor have all done the meetings, did really well while on it, but couldn't make it stick after. I've only been doing it a few weeks and I'm doing pretty well. My sister and a friend started doing it the same day as me, and while I don't know how many pounds they've lost I know it's going well enough for both of them too.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 4:59 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I've seen it work really well for people. It didn't for me, but I was going through depression. I've since had weight loss surgery, but I would consider joining it just to help me maintain.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010